This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Two Plants and a Find in Rome

While planning all of our activities for this trip I had put in time to carve a few stamps and get some letterboxes put together and then plant them during the trip.
Flavian Amphitheatre
For Rome I had two boxes to hide. The first one is called Flavian Amphitheatre. And as you can tell by the name I wanted it near the Colosseum (the name of the Colosseum is the Flavian Amphitheatre). So after our tour of the Colosseum we started looking for a place to hide the box. We walked all around the area and looked for something metal that would hide a small magnetic camo pouch. We had a lot of trouble but eventually we found a spot that we felt comfortable with. Although it wasn't magnetic the spot still worked. So Thomas sat at the spot and I backtracked so that I could write out the clues.Once I had everything I needed for that we moved on to doing other things and then headed for the next location.
Bocca della Verita
We finally arrived at Santa Maria in Cosmedin and started looking around to find the perfect spot for my Bocca della Verita box. Again this box was made to be magnetic and that was my first choice to hide it. But if that didn't work then I could find some other way. Luckily this time I found the perfect spot about a block down from the inspiration for this box. It didn't take us nearly as long to hide this box as it did the first one and I quickly jotted down information that I needed to write out the clues and then we continued with our sightseeing.

Later when we returned to the hotel we found a note on our door. Grumpy Grinch had placed a box on the hotel property and left clues for all us on our doors. So after dinner a group of us went in search of the box. We found mm Mocha and brought it into the lobby to stamp in. After we had all finished a couple of people returned it to its hiding spot. So it was a good day for letterboxing and I really hope that my boxes last because I don't know when or if I will be back to check on them. To read about the entire trip and not just about letterboxing yo can go to Viva Italia Letterboxing Tour!!! on my other blog - My Journal of Random Things.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails