This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Planting a Letterbox in Sicily


Thomas and I are in Italy again - but this time we are in Sicily and Southern Italy on a tour with Pinecone Adventures. It is the Southern Italy & Sicily with Pinecone Adventures event. The last time we were in Italy back in 2012 I ended up planting seven letterboxes. At present only one of those boxes is still active. So when this trip came up I had decided not to plant anymore boxes in Italy. But then I found a couple of images I really liked and decided to carve two stamps and make a couple of boxes. So today we had some free time in the afternoon and I took the chance to place a new box. We checked a couple of places but I wasn’t comfortable about hiding a box at any of them. So I finally checked a map and found a large park and decided to walk over and check it out. We arrived at Parco Villa Bellini and I knew immediately that I could find a good spot to hide a box. The park is huge and had different areas including a botanic garden. Almost immediately after entering the park I found a couple of statues and decided to use those as landmarks – so I went from these and found a great spot to hide the box. The area isn’t too landscaped so I think it will last at least a year or two. So I planted Trinacria in Parco Villa Bellini in Catania, Italy. I really hope it gets some visitors and that people enjoy the box.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails